Baby massage has been used in many cultures for centuries, but has gained a lot of popularity in the west since the 1990’s.
As a qualified baby massage instructor with IAIM (International Association of Infant Massage), I can offer classes to parents and care givers of babies up to 1 year old.
The IAIM baby massage course takes elements from Indian Massage, Swedish Massage as well as baby yoga and reflexology.
Benefits of baby massage
- Helping baby feel securely attached
- Helping baby feel loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a lifelong parenting skill
To enquire about baby massage classes click here.