Sports massages are designed to release muscle tension and restore balance to the musculo-skeletal system. The benefits can be immense, and include physical, physiological and psychological improvements.
Sports massage techniques will be used in the treatment of specific problems, but not only injured people require a sports massage.
Benefits for uninjured people include:
- Increase sporting performance.
- Maintain the human body in a healthy condition.
- Prevent injuries and inflexibility.
- Reduce the recovery period following an injury.
- Increased circulation
- Re-alignment of scar tissue
- Increased flexibility
- Improved recovery
- Increased relaxation
- Inhibition of pain
- Reduced anxiety and stress levels
- Increased awareness and excitability; for example, if done prior to a sporting event.